Saturday, January 12, 2008

Feast Fit For A Bookwork (2008)

January/February 2008 Reading List

Already read:

Waiting to be read/finished:


In honour of the new year, I've decided to set out on this crazy, ridiculous mission which involves reading 52 books this year - that's right, one book for every week of the year. I've made a rough list of 30-something books I've already got in mind to get around to finally reading. Girlbomb by Janice Erlbaum and Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger (which I'd been meaning to read since I was fourteen) were funny, smart, honest, and really enjoyable to read. I really missed reading those sorts of novels; the type that isn't littered with over-the-top language, instead simply coming across as a close friend coming clean to you, and only you.

Books I am looking forward to reading, re-reading and/or finishing: No One Belongs Here More Than You, You Shall Know Our Velocity!, Screwjack, White Orelander, A Million Little Pieces, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

Some songs about books by some excellent bands:

Spoon - The Book I Write (via Untitled Records)
Say Hi To Your Mom - They Write Books About These Sorts of Things
Joanna Newsom - The Book of Right-On (live)
Modest Mouse - Bukowski (via Anyone's Guess)
Camera Obscura - Books Written For Girls (via Anyone's Guess)

What has everyone else been reading, or wanting to read, this year?

No comments: