Saturday, June 7, 2008

HOLY IT'S JUNE ALREADY BATMAN!


(A picture of a horse. Because that's exactly how all entries following two month absences should begin. That, and I like ponies.)

Wow. Has it really been over two months since I snuck in here? It's insane to think we're pretty much halfway into 2008.

A few things that have happened in those two months: I lost Peanut Butter (my purple iPod shuffle buddy) and had to bring back Napoleon, my battle-scarred green iPod Mini back from the dead (he dies literally every ten minutes to the point where the only thing I can ever really do with him is listen to the same song on repeat for an hour or so), I've fallen back in love with Third Rock from the Sun (I think the Solomons are my second favourite family after the Bluths), and discovered some pretty neat soundtracks like The Darjeeling Limited and I'm Not There.

A few things I've learned over the past two months: the new Mates of State album is actually a lot better than most people are giving it credit for. I wouldn't think of it as boring or safe -- rather fun, melodic, and probably the easiest thing to listen to that they've ever produced. In other happenings, university is pretty much an entire fucking alternate universe. Although it's kind of nice to sit next to people who blast the entire Vampire Weekend album on their headphones loud enough for you to hear. That said, I've decided Vampire Weekend would pretty much be the soundtrack to The Lion King on Broadway if The Lion King on Broadway ever went indie. Also. The Arcade Fire scoring Mr. Maker-of-Donnie-Darko's new film? Discuss.

Some equations that sum up my thoughts on life right now: Easy Mac = lifesaver, always Nutella = what I plan to live off of during the holidays. Adobe software developers = heartless pricks. Ugly Bill Cosby sweaters = the greatest comeback ever. Cate Blanchett as Bob Dylan = WOAH! Hot cocoa = keeping me sane. Public transport = ridiculous. A vacation = something I am desperately in need of.

Also, I'm looking for a blogging buddy to help me keep running my little baby, so if you're interested, definitely e-mail me! Running this is definitely a lot easier in theory than in real life. A lot of time and effort goes into updating as much as possible and uploading music that is worth everyone's while, so getting someone to assist me on that stuff would make me one happy bunny.

Here are some unrelated but great photos and two songs I love a lot.






No comments: