Thursday, June 12, 2008

O HAY WEEKEND!



I am pretty stoked that as of from today, pretty much everyday is the weekend for me. Oh yes.

So to celebrate, I thought I'd share two of my favourite duos/songs with you kids. 

Crystal Castles are the kitten's mittens. They're from Canada, and you might recognize their addictive 8-bit electro stuff from the Skins soundtrack. "Alice Practice" was the backdrop for what I can remember as one of the most poignant scenes from the second season. Gotta love that chaotic, choppy, shouty insanity. Plus, Alice Glass is crazy awesome. Admit it.


I cannot express my love for The Ting Tings adequately enough. Their debut We Started Nothing is amazing, and definitely an album I've been listening to non-stop for the past few months. Their music is a perfect pick-me-up without being nauseatingly sickeningly happy, and Katie White is another rear-end kicking front woman. Calvin Harris did a remix for one of their best (but certainly not only) songs. It turned out pretty well. 


Have a ridiculous weekend! Try to not end up like the following if you can help it:


...on second thought, make sure you end up like that.

No comments: