Monday, March 10, 2008

Song of The Day: The Clash




The Clash have been one of my favourite bands since high school, pretty much. I'm eternally grateful to my friend Hina whom I met in the middle of ninth grade who introduced me to a slew of bands that I missed out in my childhood whilst I was growing up on a steady diet of the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, "The Dark Side of The Moon" album and 90's bubblegum pop. One of these bands was the Clash, and after hearing "Should I Stay or Should I Go", I've never looked back.

I recently discovered this gem of a song a few days ago and fell in love with it. It's such a soundtrack-to-my-life-in-high-school song, and it's nice to see that side of these boys after listening to politically fuelled anthems like "White Riot" and "London Calling". It's fun, tongue-in-cheek and catchy without being annoying. Go and play the chorus to this for the boy or girl you like. Seriously, do it. How could they say no?





The Clash - 1-2 Crush on You (from Super Black Market Clash)

No comments: