Friday, March 7, 2008

Next Best Alternative(s) #3

I feel like I've been neglecting this blog as of late, but university's in full swing and this unfortunately leaves little time across the week for me to sit still and take a breather. The past two weeks have been physically and mentally exhausting, and one of the few things that have been keeping me going is good music (specifically non-crappy covers of great songs, among other things).

Here are two really great K.T Tunstall covers of two very good songs. I'm not really a fan, but I appreciate anyone who can put their own spin on a song without completely butchering the goodness of the original. Especially anyone who can do justice to the White Stripes. So give these a chance:

My Doorbell (originally by the White Stripes)

I Want You Back (originally by the Jackson Five)

(A double-treat because it's the weekend and hopefully these will get it off to a good start)

No comments: